|Basics||Preparing to Type||Tables||Images||Bibliography & Citing||Table of Contents, List of Figures, List of Tables||Sample Thesis|
From the Insert menu choose Table
2. Specify the number of rows and columns you want in the table
3. Specify the alignment of the text outside the table
4. Specify the column alignment for the table.
5. Press OK
You can delete and merge cells by using the Edit menu. Also, the Properties button can be used to manipulate the table. The Properties button can be used to:
Labelling Tables Although there is another way to include a caption on your table, a more straightforward way is to place the image in a matrix and place the caption below the image by hand. (As was done with Inserting Images).
2. Choose Dimensions 1 row and 1 column (what we are creating is a box around our box(s)
3. Press OK
4. Place the cursor in the small box
5. Insert the table as you would normally
6. Place cursor directly below matrix and select Centered from the Section/Body tag below the document
7. Write caption (ie. Table 2.3)