Acadia professors and students are involved in several math-related activities for middle and high school students in the area. These activities include:
- Classroom visits (currently to middle school classes in Wolfville, New Minas and Kentville)
- Math Buffet, an after-school event with several interactive mathematical presentation on topics designed go beyond what students see in high school. Similar to "Math Circles" events organized by Dalhousie University.
2017 - 18 dates are:
- Monday Nov 6, 4:30 - 6:30 at Acadia (BAC 241 - campus map)
- Tuesday Feb 20, 4:30 - 6:30 at Acadia (also BAC 241)
- Monday May 7, 4:30 - 6:30 at Acadia
- Math League, a valley chapter of the NS Math League. These team-based math problem solving competitions take place on three Saturdays over the year, with a provincial championship in the spring. Contact Caroline Cochran ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you are interested.
- Saturday Nov 25, at 9am - noon, at Acadia
- Saturday Feb 10, from 1:00 - 4:00pm at Acadia
- Saturday April 7, from 9:00 - 12:00 at Acadia (HSH 206)
For more information, contact Hugh Chipman.
Acadia is proud to be sponsored by AARMS.