Acadia professors and students are involved in several math-related activities for middle and high school students in the area. These activities include:
- Classroom visits (currently to middle school classes in Wolfville, New Minas, and Kentville)
- Math Buffet, an after-school event with several interactive mathematical presentations on topics designed to go beyond what students see in high school. Similar to "Math Circles" events organized by Dalhousie University.
2019 - 20 dates are:
- December 2 at Acadia, 4:30pm - 6:30pm
- February 3, 2020, at Acadia, 4:30 - 6:30pm (tentative)
- Additional date in the spring, to be announced
- Math League, a Valley chapter of the NS Math League. These team-based math problem solving competitions take place on three Saturdays over the year, with a provincial championship in the spring. Contact Jeff Hooper if you are interested. Watch here for events in 2019 - 2020.
For the first time in summer 2019, we held a Junior Math and Computer Science Camp. Watch here for announcements for summer 2020.
For more information on math outreach, contact Hugh Chipman.
Acadia is proud to be sponsored by AARMS.