Acadia professors and students are involved in several math-related activities for middle and high school students in the area. These activities include:
- Classroom visits (currently to middle school classes in Wolfville, New Minas and Kentville)
- Math Buffet, an after-school event with several interactive mathematical presentation on topics designed go beyond what students see in high school. Similar to "Math Circles" events organized by Dalhousie University.
2017 - 18 dates are:
- Monday Nov 6, 4:30 - 6:30 at Acadia (BAC 241 - campus map)
- Monday Feb 5, 4:30 - 6:30 at Acadia
- Monday May 7, 4:30 - 6:30 at Acadia
- Math League, a valley chapter of the NS Math League. These team-based math problem solving competitions take place on three Saturdays over the year, with a provincial championship in the spring.
The first Math League event for 2017-18 was Saturday Nov 25, at 9am - noon, at Acadia in Huggins Science Hall room 206. Upcoming events are in early February and early March. Contact Caroline Cochran ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) if you are interested.
For more information, contact Hugh Chipman.
Acadia is proud to be sponsored by AARMS.